History of Farmer Funeral Service, Inc.
Established in 1918 as Ayden Funeral Service by Mr. Ed Britt and Mr. Taylor
It later became Britt Funeral Service. In 1963 the funeral home became known as Britt and Farmer Funeral Service after Jimmy Farmer joined the firm. They relocated from the original downtown location to a new building on Second Street in 1969 and the business was renamed, Farmer Funeral Service. In March of 1984, the funeral home building was totally destroyed by a tornado and the current building was constructed on the same sight where it stands today.
The funeral home has been owned for the past 18 years by Ken and Joy Joyner Poe and remains a family owned business as it has for the past almost 90 years.